Thursday 20 September 2012

The Winning Bok Side

I recently read a very interesting article on www.rugby365.com where Jan de Koning picks his Springbok side that could beat any side in the world. You can read the full article at http://www.rugby365.com/article/49694-tweaks-that-can-make-boks-winners

I really like his team, but would make a couple of tweaks of my own. Firstly I would move captain Jean de Villiers to his prefered and devasting inside centre position as he is battling on attack at the moment. Frans Steyn will always find a place in my side, but I would move him to fullback, where I beleive he has more venom. I would play Juan de Jongh next to the captain as he gives us n bit more on attack and knowing Jean de Villiers so well on defence. Willie Le Roux finds a spot on the bench as he has impressed in SupeRugby and Currie Cup and will add a extra dimension on attack later in the game. The rest of the backline picks itself. Patrick Lambie unfortunately still finds a frustrating spot on the bench.

In the pack, I would recall Heinrich Brussouw as I believe he is the best fetcher in the world. I am not fond of the overseas based players and therefore would release Francois Louw to play for Bath in the Premiership. Eben Etzebeth replaces Flip van der Merwe who doesn't feature in the match 22.

That is my team in a nutshell and combined with Heyneke Meyer's game plan I believe we could take anyone in the world.

Please feel free to comment on both teams. I Would love to hear from you guys.

Jan de Koning's starting XV: 15 Pat Lambie, 14 Bryan Habana, 13 Jean de Villiers (captain), 12 Frans Steyn, 11 François Hougaard, 10 Johann Goosen, 9 Ruan Pienaar, 8 Duane Vermeulen, 7 Willem Alberts, 6 François Louw, 5 Juandré Kruger, 4 Flip van der Merwe, 3 Jannie du Plessis, 2 Adriaan Strauss, 1 Tendai Mtawarira.
Replacements: 16 Tiaan Liebenberg, 17 Coenie Oosthuizen, 18 Andries Bekker, 19 Marcell Coetzee, 20 Elton Jantjies, 21 Juan de Jongh, 22 Willie le Roux.

My Starting Lineup: 15 Francois Steyn, 14 Bryan Habana, 13 Juan de Jongh, 12 Jean de Villiers (captain), 11 Francois Hougaard, 10 Johann Goosen, 9 Ruan Pienaar, 8 Duane Vermeulen, 7 Willem Alberts, 6 Heinrich Brussouw, 5 Juandré Kruger, 4 Eben Etzebeth, 3 Jannie du Plessis, 2 Adriaan Strauss, 1 Tendai Mtawarira.
Super Subs: 16 Tiaan Liebenberg, 17 Coenie Oosthuizen, 18 Andries Bekker, 19 Marcell Coetzee, 20 Morne Steyn, 21 Willie Le Roux, 22 Patrick Lambie.

Have a blessed weekend everyone!!!

Barry-Jo

1 comment:

  1. I like your team, Barry!! I believe Etsebeth will become one of the greatest rugby players that ever lived and will be a legend in his time!!!

    ReplyDelete